'All view represented here are in Siteiya'z own words and eye view to the event'
I want to start off by thanking Aziza Musik for great event held at the Alliance Francaise last Friday, the gig called the Safari Pre-Lauch album was like a sneak preview of what they had in store for us later on in the year as they launch their album for real this time. There were a few curtain raisers and I got to hear 'Skiza' and 'Lele' which are among the fastest growing bands in Kenya if I may add Alliance Francaise has been a breeding area for all this sprouting talents.
I have seen talent grown slowly and steadily but i must admit AZIZA are aggressive and they are growing faster and steady in a very fast way ( i am not complaining by the way but in total dismay my mouth wide open at the talent possessed by this young lads.
I first heard them at a fashion show event almost and year ago and Music being a true definition of me, I enjoyed the beat and the sound thoroughly. They did a vernacular Kikuyu song so well that I had to ask around and was informed they are actually Luo's but the song was so we written and sounded so good that it immediately became my favourite.
That among the very many songs was to be performed that night and I was sure on the front line waiting to dance the night away.
They soon hit the stage Enos Olik, Sequiera Manasseh, and Maurice Muma, Don was the guy with the saxophone Oh My God did he get the ladies screaming.....they sang their songs one by one and as the crowd got cheered up the dance area was now busy.
Aziza have a way of making you look at the stage even if they have really a slow songs i must commend the OUTFITS waaa they were Amazing wonderful, a true definition of them and they kept you looking at them.
A twelve year old girl was used for the break as the very entertaining Emcee(who i totally enjoyed his work) introduced her on stage and she was plucking the guitar making you want to learn every note, as she sang El-Shaddai backed by her guitar teacher. she had everyone asking for more.
The Villagers Band lead by Chris Adwar was also in the house to give support to the music industry and they performed some of their hits from their album Norfork Hotel.
Aziza were now on stage joined by the lovely Monique Kebuye, the presenter of the best Afro show Afrodizzia aired on Citizen T.V and she helped them do a song, then later Meshack Otieno and Chweya of Elani joined then and did a song.
The weather was perfect and everyone as on the dance floor as Aziza continued beat after beat and sure giving us value for a cold night out.
Kenyan bands have grown and if that was what a re-ALBUM launch was then i cannot wait for the ALBUM LAUNCH by these young talents
Kudoz Aziza we appreciate your music and you are headed nowhere BUT THE TOP>







